Car Boot Vinyl Diaries

Car Boot Vinyl Diaries

Monday 26 September 2011

Keep the frequency clear

I got this last summer at a boot sale for 50p:


Bomb The Bass - Beat Dis (1987)

This was the debut single from Tim Simenon a.k.a. Bomb The Bass.  Said to contain a whopping 72 samples, it was one of the first tracks to herald DJ and sampling culture going overground and enjoying chart success.

It reached no.2 in the UK and can be found on the 1988 album Into The Dragon, which peaked at no.8 in the album chart.  I was 13 at the time and my big sister had the album on cassette, which I used to borrow.  I recently bought myself a cassette copy via eBay for 99p and the Proustian rush was enormous!

Here's the single on my Dad's old record player:

Beat Dis

1 comment:

  1. Great record! First one I bought aged 10, completely blew my head off after seeing it on TOTP and started a fascination in dance music that continues today!

    ReplyDelete